Benefits of Sirius Online
Sirius Online 2023-2024 is a high-quality, flexible, and affordable solution that supports and supplements TEKS-based instruction for all 20 STAAR-tested courses for STAAR 2.0 for grades 3 through EOC. Digital Solutions.
Sirius Online courses provide exceptional flexibility and value to schools and school districts because they can be used to support a variety of instructional needs and uses, including:
- STAAR Test Preparation & Practice
- Authentic supplemental TEKS-based instruction
- Accelerated Instruction
Sirius Online 2023 – 2024 offers several benefits and new features for teachers, students, and school/district administrators, including:
- Close Achievement Gaps: Sirius Online provides authentic STAAR instruction and practice, aligning with the tested content and online test format. By using Sirius Online as part of your curriculum, you can help close achievement gaps and support students in preparing for the STAAR test.
- Improve Student Engagement: The enhanced engagement reports in Sirius Online allow you to track student engagement, identify areas for improvement, and monitor student behaviors. By gaining insights into student engagement, you can tailor your instruction and provide additional support to ensure better student engagement and learning outcomes.
- Streamline Instructional Workflow: With improved course navigation, Sirius Online allows teachers to pick up where they left off and stay organized. Streamlining the instructional workflow can save time and effort, allowing you to focus more on delivering effective instruction.
- Simplified Grading Process: Sirius Online now automatically moves manually scored items to the graded state, streamlining the grading process for assignments. This time-saving feature allows teachers to spend less time on administrative tasks and more time on instruction.
- Empower Student Learning: Sirius Online offers enhanced student tools, such as Text to Speech in assessments and practice, a Customized Math Palette, a Notepad Tool, and an optimized Graph Paper Tool. These tools empower students to improve their learning experience, solve complex problems, and stay organized, ultimately enhancing their academic performance. Watch video.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Administrators and teachers can access student data in Sirius Online, providing item-level, TEKS-aligned student performance data. This data aggregation enables administrators to identify improvement areas, make data-driven decisions, and effectively support teachers in their instructional planning and implementation. Watch video.
Sirius Online offers online courses for all tested subject areas in grades 3 through EOC that match the STAAR tests in content, rigor and format.
What’s NEW for Sirius Online in SY 2023-24
For Students Users:
- Notepad Tool: Our new Notepad Tool for students mimics the STAAR notepad, making it easier for them to take notes and stay organized.
- Graph Paper Tool: General improvements and optimization.
- Text to Speech in Assessments: Our Text to Speech feature will now skip passages in assessments, helping to prevent distractions and improve focus while more closely aligning with the STAAR 2.0 experience.
For School/District Administrator Users:
- Read-Only Scorecard: Admins will have access to a Read-Only Scorecard for classes, providing them with item-level, TEKS-aligned student performance data. This data aggregation will help administrators identify improvement areas and make data-driven decisions. Exports of this data will also be available.
- Jump to: 3-5 Mathematics | 6-8 Mathematics | EOC Mathematics
- Jump to: 3-5 Reading Language Arts | 6-8 Reading Language Arts | EOC Reading Language Arts
- Jump to: 3-5 Science | 6-8 Science | EOC Science
- Jump to: Jump to 6-8 Social Studies | EOC Social Studies