Grade 5 Science Zingers is a unique interactive workbook that engages ALL students in solving the most difficult test items from released STAAR tests. Each of the 20 lessons include:
- Read and Understand: Helps students read each problem carefully for what they know and what they are looking for.
- Plan and Solve: Students evaluate correct and/or incorrect solutions.
- Look Back: Students show their thinking with short-answer responses.
- Guided Practice: Students solve a similar problem using step-by-step scaffolding.
- Independent Practice: Students apply what they learned to solve related problems without scaffolding.
- Strategies for Solving STAAR Problems: An interactive lesson about test-taking strategies.
- On Your Own: Mixed practice in the 11 Readiness TEKS
Grade 5 Science Zingers Teacher’s Edition
This one-color TE provides complete answers and is free with each set of 10 Student Editions.
Sirius Online – Grade 5 Science
Sirius Online courses are available for all STAAR-tested subject areas and grade levels, including Grade 5 Science, and can be used to support in-person, remote, or blended learning.
Sirius Online, with its interactive TEKS-based lessons, authentic STAAR practice, diagnostic and formal practice tests, and advanced reporting provides schools and districts with an invaluable resource for improving student progress, raising STAAR test scores, and addressing Accelerated Instruction requirements.
View SE and TE
For product review purposes, teachers can access digital versions of Sirius workbooks by registering at:
Use your faculty email address (not personal) and the full name of the editions(s) you want. Please be aware that review periods are limited to 2 weeks.
Additionally, it may take up to 3 business days to receive a reply as we verify your registration. NOTE that these product reviews require internet access and cannot be downloaded or printed.
Contact Us for Help
Do not hesitate to contact your Sales Representative or the Sirius office.