Sirius’ new RLA workbooks and online courses help you prepare students for the new RLA STAAR
Tests by closely matching the new tests in all details, including skills, format, and complexity:
- 25% new question types, including technology-enhanced items adapted for print
- 50% writing in all grades, with Revising and Editing
- Short Constructed Response & Extended Constructed Response
- Argumentative and Cross-curricular passages
- Online tools and features that match the online STAAR, helping your students feel prepared and confident on test day!
New Grade 3 through English II (EOC) RLA Workbooks
Sirius’ new RLA Essential TEKS with STAAR Practice workbooks for Grades 3 through English II match the new STAAR Redesign in all its details.
Each workbook is over 360 pages of scaffolded TEKS instruction and authentic STAAR practice including:
- 25% new question types (adapted for print)
- 50% writing in all grades (with Revising, Editing, and ECR)
- Short and Extended Constructed Responses
- Argumentative and cross-curricular passages
Students Learn and Practice the Most Important Tested Skills
Both Sirius’ Essential TEKS with STAAR Practice Workbooks and Sirius Online courses have been designed specifically to help you and your students with the new RLA STAAR (Reading/Writing) tests.
Our new RLA online and print resources closely match the STAAR tested skills, format, and complexity so that your students will learn exactly what they need to know and do on the new Online STAAR test.
Sirius’ new RLA online and print resources feature:
- Streamlined TEKS instruction focused on the most-tested TEKS
- Authentic STAAR practice with new question types (adapted for print)
- A 3-Step Approach to prioritize and individualize remediation
Because Sirius Online provides the same tools and features as the Online STAAR Test, your students will be comfortable with the test format and will perform confidently on test day.
Support for Teachers – Insights & Actionable Feedback
Full answer-choice rationales help teachers and tutors give students coaching feedback about why one answer choice is BETTER than another.
Diagnostic test and reports in Sirius Online provide actionable insights for teachers on their students’ mastery of the standards, their progress, and their level of engagement. These resources, along with a focus on the most-common STAAR-tested skills, provide teachers with maximum flexibility in identifying and addressing student needs, including remediation.
Accelerating Reading Skills
Sirius Online Reading Skills are mini-courses based on our popular print Zingers and are available in our online RLA Courses for grades 3-8 Reading and for English I-II Reading and Writing.
Reading Skills target the most-common STAAR-tested skills and give teachers
and tutors maximum flexibility to support identifying and remediating diverse
- REVIEW Reading Skills—Previous Grade Level
- BUILD Reading Skills—On-Grade Level
Each reading skill lesson provides instruction on how to read, analyze, and answer
STAAR questions. Hints and immediate feedback help students learn to make
the subtle distinctions needed to identify the BEST answer. Lessons include:
- Concise Instruction: Review of key terms with interactive instruction
- Scaffolded Practice: Short selections that gradually increase in complexity
- Mixed STAAR Practice: Check understanding with mixed question types
Implementing Reading Skills
Reading Skills are easy to use for whole classes, small groups, and individuals.
Reading Skills can also be a part of a robust, three-tiered Rtl program with data-driven decision-making.
For Tier 3 Interventions, Sirius Online provides free comprehensive previous grade level courses.
STAAR® is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which does not endorse this program or its content.
- Accelerated Instruction for students who failed last year’s STAAR test
- Intensive support to build confidence with less complex passages
- Individualize instruction: select content by student need, TEKS, or skill
- Intervention for struggling students in on-grade level instruction
- An alternative approach with robust scaffolding and feedback
- Additional practice and reinforcement for targeted skills
- Spaced review in the STAAR format and thinking
* For Tier 3 Interventions, Sirius Online provides free comprehensive previous grade level courses.
Sirius’ new RLA workbooks and online courses help you prepare students for the new RLA STAAR Tests by closely matching the new tests in all details, including skills, format, and complexity.
For more information on how Sirius’ new RLA print and online resources can help you ensure your students are prepared for success on the new Online STAAR RLA test or to request samples of new question types for specific RLA grade levels, please contact us today!