Grade 8 Social Studies provides comprehensive instruction and practice in all content TEKS. The 11 chronological chapters include 23 lessons with systematic TEKS instruction. STAAR practice includes over 300 authentic items and 50%+ include a stimulus such as a quote, table, or graphic organizer—just like released STAAR tests. The program also includes:
- Document-Based Questions (DBQ): New interactive feature guides students through analyzing primary sources. Students then apply these skills to answer a STAAR test item.
- 3-Step Approach: Optional approach to prioritize and individualize remediation while monitoring progress.
- Study Guide and Review: Free response activities on the key terms that students need to remember.
- Cumulative Review: Mixed STAAR practice—just like the actual STAAR test—on the most tested Readiness TEKS.
- English-Spanish Glossary: The key people, places, and events that students need to know.
- Teacher’s Edition: Color TE includes full answer choice explanations to help teacher give students actionable feedback about why one answer choice is best.
Grade 8 Social Studies Teacher’s Edition
This full-color spiral bound TE provides complete answer explanations for every question, so teachers or tutors can give students specific feedback about why one answer is best.
Grade 8 Social Studies Zingers: Solving the Most-Missed STAAR Test Items
Zingers help all students to learn to solve the most difficult test items. Easy to implement in various settings, Zingers provide scaffolded instruction and practice and allow students to answer more difficult questions correctly. Use Zingers for warm-up activities, spaced review, and intensive prep just prior to the STAAR test.
Sirius Online – Grade 8 Social Studies
Sirius Online courses are available for all STAAR-tested subject areas and grade levels, including Grade 8 Social Studies, and can be used to support in-person, remote, or blended learning.
Sirius Online, with its interactive TEKS-based lessons, authentic STAAR practice, diagnostic and formal practice tests, and advanced reporting provides schools and districts with an invaluable resource for improving student progress, raising STAAR test scores, and addressing Accelerated Instruction requirements.
View SE and TE
For product review purposes, teachers can access digital versions of Sirius workbooks by registering at:
Use your faculty email address (not personal) and the full name of the editions(s) you want. Please be aware that review periods are limited to 2 weeks.
Additionally, it may take up to 3 business days to receive a reply as we verify your registration. NOTE that these product reviews require internet access and cannot be downloaded or printed.
Contact Us for Help
Do not hesitate to contact your Sales Representative or the Sirius office.